TikTok Star Accused of Dark Web Hitman Plot to Kill Boy Band Ex

A social media influencer has been arrested in a shocking alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting her famous ex-boyfriend, former Why Don’t We singer Jack Avery.

Gabbie Gonzalez, a 24-year-old TikTok and Instagram personality, has been charged with conspiring with her own father and her former boyfriend to have Avery killed, according to prosecutors.

Avery, 26, and Gonzalez share a 7-year-old daughter and had reportedly been locked in a bitter custody and visitation battle before the alleged plot came to light.

Now, prosecutors claim the dispute turned into something far more sinister.

Gonzalez was arrested last week in Humboldt County, California. Her father, 59-year-old attorney Francisco Gonzalez, was arrested Monday in Seminole County, Florida. Her ex-boyfriend, 26-year-old surf instructor Kai Faron Cordrey, has also been charged.

All three were hit Tuesday with charges including attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and solicitation of murder. If convicted, prosecutors say they could face 25 years to life in state prison.

According to felony complaint filings from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office cited by Rolling Stone, Gonzalez allegedly tried to arrange the killing of Avery through a dark web murder-for-hire scheme.

Investigators said in an affidavit that a witness claimed Francisco had become heavily involved in the custody fight and wanted Avery pushed out of the picture entirely.

The witness alleged Francisco said words “to the effect that it would be cheaper if Avery were dead,” according to The San Francisco Chronicle.

Prosecutors claim the alleged plot stretched from October 2020 to May 2021. During that time, the trio allegedly “repeatedly discussed wanting Jack Avery dead” and talked about “making the killing appear to be an accident.”

Authorities also claim cryptocurrency was used in an effort to hire a hitman online.

According to the complaint, Francisco allegedly sent Cordrey $10,000 on April 26, 2021, with Cordrey acting as a middleman in the alleged deal.

Prosecutors say Cordrey then began using a dark web murder-for-hire account under the alias “LizardKing69.” On May 22, 2021, he allegedly identified Avery as the target, gave an address in Los Angeles, and said Avery “should be killed by whatever method was easiest.”

Authorities claim the anonymous account later demanded another $4,000 in June. Cordrey allegedly continued communicating between the parties and eventually told the administrators to move forward.

But the alleged plot took a stunning turn in September 2021, when an undercover FBI agent posing as a hitman spoke with Cordrey by phone.

During those calls, Cordrey allegedly discussed payment and proof of death. Prosecutors claim he later said Gonzalez wanted the killing carried out.

Avery has since filed a restraining order in Los Angeles Superior Court, according to The California Post.

In his declaration, Avery said he first learned of the alleged plot in 2021.

“I was notified by the FBI that a hit man was hired to kill me,” he wrote, adding that the bureau told him “it was not safe” to be around Gonzalez.

Avery previously spoke publicly about the frightening FBI visit, saying agents came to his home and told him someone wanted him dead. At the time, TMZ reported, he did not appear to know who was allegedly behind it.

The singer is now asking for sole custody of his daughter.

In court papers, Avery claimed people connected to Gonzalez had shown up at his Southern California home demanding to know where the child was. He also said he received calls and texts from Gonzalez’s friends and family asking about the girl.

According to Avery, the child has been placed in temporary foster care.

“The acts of abuse described in the attached declaration have taken place in front of the minor child,” he wrote. “Gabriela attempted to kill me by hiring a hit man. Gabriela is not stable and not able to act in the best interest of our daughter.”

Gonzalez has not yet entered a plea. Her lawyers have asked for more time to review the evidence.

Online jail records show Francisco Gonzalez is being held without bond, while Gabbie Gonzalez’s bail has been set at $2 million. She appeared in Los Angeles court Tuesday, where a judge continued her arraignment until Thursday.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman called the case the result of a long investigation that began with the FBI before being turned over to his office.

“This is a case where the defendants are accused of going to great lengths to find someone to commit murder,” Hochman said in a statement.

He added: “Most fathers raise their children to respect the law, but here we have a dad who allegedly helped his daughter and her boyfriend break the law in the most sinister way imaginable.”

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Baskerville 2 by Anders Noren.

Up ↑

Discover more from What's Up Today

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading